Weight Loss – Health
Lose Weight in Fort Wayne to Feel your Best
Obesity has become one of the most significant health problems in the United States, and it is affecting people very early on in life. While the widespread issue of obesity will take a multifaceted approach to solve, you can take charge of your health on a personal level by making a commitment to your own weight loss. When you lose weight, you will be doing much more than improving your physical appearance. Your health will benefit in a number of ways, since obesity can have an impact on nearly every aspect of your health. If your doctor has recommended that you lose weight or you simply want to regain the energy of your youth, True Weightloss Solutions can help. Our customized weight loss programs in Fort Wayne will cater to your needs while helping you address serious health concerns that could threaten your quality of life.*
Understanding the Health Concerns of Obesity
Some of the nation’s top health concerns, including heart disease and cancer, are closely tied to obesity. Being overweight or obese simply puts more stress on your body, so these common health problems can result:*
- Heart disease – Overweight individuals tend to have higher blood pressure and higher cholesterol, which restricts blood flow to the heart. This makes conditions such as heart attack much more likely. Narrowed arteries may also account for a higher risk for stroke.
- Liver and kidney disease – Type 2 diabetes is common in obese people, and it carries a risk for complications such as kidney failure or liver disease. These complications are irreversible, but type 2 diabetes can be managed through healthy weight loss and awareness of your blood sugar.
- Joint and bone problems – Every extra pound of fat in your body can put up to five pounds of excess pressure on your knees and hips. This means that you may have a high likelihood of osteoarthritis and other painful conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system.
- Cancer – Certain cancers such as colon, breast, endometrial, and gallbladder cancer are all more likely in obese or overweight individuals.
- Respiratory problems – If you suffer from asthma, sleep apnea, or hyperventilation syndrome, there is a strong chance that losing weight will help to resolve these issues.
Reaping the Benefits of Weight Loss
Because of the wide range of health problems linked to obesity, it is clear that the benefits of weight loss are more than skin deep. Fortunately, you will start to see an improvement in your health as soon as you start losing weight. The benefits will only continue to grow as your waistline shrinks.
If you are ready to make a commitment to your health with safe, non-surgical weight loss in Fort Wayne, call True Weightloss Solutions at (260) 433-9847. We will design a weight loss plan for you that allows you to see results quickly without compromising your safety.
*Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as typical. All information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor, in your efforts toward desirable weight levels and health. Only your doctor can determine what is right for you. In addition to regular check ups and medical supervision, from your doctor, before starting any other weight loss program, you should consult with your personal physician.